Sea Shells Silicone Mould
Add some gorgeous edible shells to your next cake or batch of cupcakes with the Sea Shells Silicone Mould! This shell mould features 10 cavities with different shaped shells.
The mould can be used with a range of materials including fondant and gumpaste by simply pressing your material into the mould, slicing away the excess so your pieces have a flat back, and then popping them out!
The shells range from 1cm to 4cm in length and 1cm to 2.5cm wide. The full size of the mould measures at approximately 7cm x 7.7cm.
NOTE: Colour of mould may vary depending on stock received from supplier.
- Simply press your material into the mould and try not to overfill
- Slice away any excess with the back edge of a knife so you don't damage your mould.
- Once your mould has a flat back, carefully flex the mould to remove it and allow to dry, preferably on baking paper to prevent sticking.
- To decorate, either use coloured fondant initially or use edible paint, lustre dusts or petal dusts to colour the outside of your piece.
Tips & Tricks:
- Moulds can be 'lightly' wiped with cooking oil, but be sure to remove any excess.
- If the icing is too sticky or limp, lightly knead in some cornflour or icing sugar (for fondant or gumpaste).
- For large and detailed moulds, place filled mould in the freezer for a few minutes to harden so the detail holds when removing.
- If painting your item, petal dust and rose spirit is recommended as it dries quickly and prevents fondant and gumpaste from becoming soggy. Be sure to use an appropriate sized paint brush.
- For fine details, you could use edible food pens.