Butterflies and Blossoms Mould
Create some cute butterflies and flowers with the Butterflies and Blossoms Mould! Made from silicone, this mould is perfect for working with a range of materials, especially fondant and gumpaste.
The mould measures at approximately 9cm in diameter with cavities measuring at around 3cm x 2.5cm (heart), 2.5cm (blossoms), and 1.5cm (dragonfly).
- Simply press your material into the mould and try not to overfill
- Slice away any excess with the back edge of a knife so you don't damage your mould.
- Once your mould has a flat back, carefully flex the mould to remove it and allow to dry, preferably on baking paper to prevent sticking.
- To decorate, either use coloured fondant initially or use edible paint, lustre dusts or petal dusts to colour the outside of your piece.
Tips & Tricks:
- Moulds can be 'lightly' wiped with cooking oil, but be sure to remove any excess.
- If the icing is too sticky or limp, lightly knead in some cornflour or icing sugar (for fondant or gumpaste).
- For large and detailed moulds, place filled mould in the freezer for a few minutes to harden so the detail holds when removing.
- If painting your item, petal dust and rose spirit is rec
- ommended as it dries quickly and prevents fondant and gumpaste from becoming soggy. Be sure to use an appropriate sized paint brush.
- For fine details, you could use edible food pens.