Baby Face Mould
Create little edible sugar baby faces and booties with the Baby Face Mould! The mould features three different sized baby faces and a baby booty. This would be perfect when working with fondant and gumpaste to create little cupcake toppers or adding decorations to your next cake.
The mould is made out of a hard plastic with each mould cavity measures at approximately:
- Bootie: 2.5cm x 4cm
- Head 1: 1.5cm x 2.3cm
- Head 2: 2.5cm x 3.7cm
- Head 3: 2cm x 3cm.
- Simply press your material into the mould and try not to overfill
- Slice away any excess with the back edge of a knife so you don't damage your mould.
- Once your mould has a flat back, carefully flex the mould to remove it and allow to dry, preferably on baking paper to prevent sticking.
- To decorate, either use coloured fondant initially or use edible paint, lustre dusts or petal dusts to colour the outside of your piece.
Tips & Tricks:
- Moulds can be 'lightly' wiped with cooking oil, but be sure to remove any excess.
- If the icing is too sticky or limp, lightly knead in some cornflour or icing sugar (for fondant or gumpaste).
- For large and detailed moulds, place filled mould in the freezer for a few minutes to harden so the detail holds when removing.
- If painting your item, petal dust and rose spirit is recommended as it dries quickly and prevents fondant and gumpaste from becoming soggy. Be sure to use an appropriate sized paint brush.
- For fine details, you could use edible food pens.